Personal service is a priority at Miller & Roberts. We tailor your estate plan to meet the specific needs and goals of you and your family. Working with you and for you, we will achieve the following important objectives:
- Taking charge of and protecting your property during your lifetime by the use of General Durable Powers of Attorney, revocable and irrevocable trusts containing provisions to protect you if you become incapacitated and special needs trusts;
- Avoiding probate court at the time of your death by the use of revocable and irrevocable trusts, beneficiary deeds, formation of corporations and limited liability companies;
- Confirming that the primary and contingent beneficiaries on your traditional and Roth IRAs and Qualified Retirement Plans are exactly as you wish them to be and assuring that each beneficiaries stretch out provision is maximized;
- Eliminating or reducing estate taxes and federal and state income taxes as much as possible through the use of credit shelter trusts, family limited liability companies, family limited partnerships, irrevocable trusts, including irrevocable life insurance trusts and charitable giving;
- Providing for your favorite church, synagogue or charitable organizations by the use of charitable giving including charitable annuities, charitable lead trusts and charitable remainder trusts;
- Protecting your assets in the event you are a family member need the services of a skilled care facility by means of long-term care insurance, special needs trusts, Medicaid eligible annuities and other more sophisticated legal means of asset protection;
- Planning for the transfer of or succession to your business interests by the use of trusts, corporations, limited liability companies, family limited liability companies family limited partnerships and other traditional methods.